In the 3 ways to simplify spring cleaning for sports moms, step one is making a game plan! What a novel idea right? 🤯Read more...
Random Acts of Kindness day! What would it be like if we set out to perform random acts of kindness EVERY day? It makes me feel good to make people smile and give them a lift, especially when it's unexpected or even anonymous.
The idea of Random Acts of Kindness day got the wheels spinning in my head of things that I could do. I would LOVE to see your ideas in the comments below!
1. Leave inspiring notes on cars before I leave the grocery store.
2. Put notes of appreciation in jacket pockets or lunchboxes for the family to find later.
3. Help someone find what they need at the grocery store.
4. Leave home made cookies in someone's mailbox with a note of thanks or inspiration.
5. Leave a $5 gift card for someone you appreciate.
I could sit here thinking of more things, but I better get to making those cookies!
To make it super simple for you to do too, I've made this cute printable so you can give at least 4 notes of kindness to someone today!
Don't forget to drop your ideas for some random acts of kindness in the comments for me!
Are you keeping yourself properly hydrated?
I've heard several different things about how much water you should drink in a day to keep yourself properly hydrated but the bottom line for me is, I'm not a huge fan of plain water unless I'm exercising.
I also have a love/hate relationship with soda and in particular Coca Cola. It just tastes good.
I'm involved in an 8 week challenge at Orange Theory Fitness and we focus on different things each week around your overall health. This week the focus is on hydration which is good because when you pay attention to something, light bulbs go off.
This challenge started at the end of January and I knew that Coca Cola was not serving me well so I decided I was going to eliminate that from my diet for these 8 weeks. Now, it's a challenge for me because I like the sweet and I like the bubbles! If this is you too, I have some ideas for you on how to up your hydration game and eliminate soda.
1. Black Currant Tea - The flavor of this tea is better than your standard iced tea and I love it with a squeeze of lemon in it. It provides a little naturally occurring caffeine like the soda but it has antioxidants and anti-inflamatory benefits which soda does not! My favorite tea comes from Duncan Coffee and it's delivered to my door! Click here to see Duncan Coffee Black Currant Tea
2. Vitality Drops + Energy - Sometimes I need a little sweet in my water and the YL Vitality Drops + Energy provide that sweet flavor using Stevia along with optimal levels of natural caffeine so you can enjoy it multiple times per day. Spearmint Tangerine Flavor, Jade Lemon Berry Flavor, or you can get a Variety Pack. Pro tip: I use a squirt in my water and try to refill the cup before it's empty because I can stretch out that flavor for at least 3 cups of water.
3. Ningxia Zyng - NingXia Zyng® is a refreshing, lightly carbonated drink that combines Ningxia wolfberry puree, pear and blackberry juices, and essential oils with naturally occurring caffeine for an energizing boost. My go-to first thing in the morning was a Coke since I don't like coffee. This was an easy replacement because it has the carbonation, a little sweetness and it's only 35 calories instead of 140!
4. Water with Vitality Essential Oils - Young Living has essential oils that are specifically labeled as safe to ingest, they have a white label and are called Vitality Oils. One drop is enough flavor in a cup of water! Lemon, Orange, Citrus Fresh are some of my favorites. Pro Tip: only use glass or stainless steel cups.
5. Water with Fruit - Now this is an easy way to add some flavor to you water. Squeeze a lemon, add an orange slice, add any fruit you like to infuse flavor and vitamins from those fruits into a refreshing drink. You can grab a water bottle like this one on Amazon for under $15 made especially for fruit infusion.
6. Water straight up - So there are times that just plain water is what you need, for me, that's especially when you're going to be exercising or taking a hike or something. If I'm going to be gone all day, sometimes I'll freeze a bottle to take so it can stay cold til the end of the day. I like these insulated bottles from amazon - they freeze well and hold it through a whole school day. Great for kids that need to take water for after school sports practices.
I may drink a variety of things in my water each day, but what I find most helpful is to keep a cup like this one with me at all times and just keep filling it up all day long.
Drop a comment below with your favorite ways to stay hydrated!
Every year I struggle with coming up with good ideas for gifts. I want to give gifts that are special but something they will actually use and enjoy. I am blessed to be part of a group that is so creative every year in giving suggestions and I want to share a 5 of my favorite ideas with you!
- WATER BOTTLE SET
So many forget about the importance of hydration during the cold winter months, but it’s just as important as those summer months! Staying hydrated during the winter months can boost your immune system and give your body support to help fight off infection. This will not only make a cute gift, but a gift that will inspire that special someone to take care of themselves when they need it the most. Included with this cute water bottle is the one and only Lemon oil. Lemon oil has properties within it that helps with normal inflammatory response, promotes a healthy immune system response, creates an unfriendly environment for all the nasty invaders, is great for the skin, and helps you feeling focused and energized. Just dropping 2-4 drops in your water is all you need!
• 20 oz bamboo top water bottles $15.99
• 5ml Lemon Vitality $6.50
OTHER OILS TO PAIR WITH THIS GIFT
• 5ml Orange Vitality $6.25
• 5ml Citrus Fresh Vitality $7.75
• 5ml Grapefruit Vitality $8
TOTAL COST: Around $22
- RELIEF BUNDLE
This is a great gift for the person in your life who deals with lots of aches and pains, and we are going to show you how to give them some relief for a small price!
YL has a pack of ten CBD Muscle Rub sample tins that you can purchase! At $111.78, you can break this up and make 10 different gifts out of them for only $11.18 each! Ten gifts out of one purchase? Yes! CBD Muscle Rub combines CBD, menthol, and a selection of Young Living premium essential oils such as Camphor, Clove, Lemon, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Wintergreen, and more. The result is a powerful balm that offers a cooling sensation and soothes sore muscles in seconds!
• Jar of epsom salt bamboo jars: 12 for $23.99 ($2 each)
Epsom salt: bulk bag for $26.99 https://amzn.to/3DLgjbF (Grab a smaller cheaper one at a local store if you want! You only need 6 oz to fill each jar.)
• Massage tool $12.99
• CBD sample tins - 10ct for $84.95 ($8.50 each)
Link: CBD Sample Tins
**TOTAL COST: Around $27 **
Whoever you gift this bundle to will thank you later I promise : ).
- PEPPERMINT BROWNIE BUNDLE
This brownie bundle idea is PERFECT for a family member/friend who loves to bake! Maybe you want to inspire some family cooking time for someone with kiddos! You can include a card in your gift that says “For your family baking night of fun” or some cute theme idea included. If you haven’t tried making your brownies using YL peppermint oil, you’re truly missing out. Cooking with YL oils gives a whole new meaning to life lol. Whoever you give this gift to will send you a “thank you” text after their first mouth watering pepperminty bite of deliciousness.
Brownie mix for $4.99 at target (or sub for your favorite mix of choice)
- Link: https://amzn.to/3xacLNH
Peppermint Vitality $10.75
Spatula from Homegoods for $2.99 or sub for this Target one for $2.00
TOTAL COST: Around $18 +tax If you want to add any additional items to this bundle for your favorite baker in mind here are a couple of other items you can include!
Kitchen towel $3: https://bit.ly/3pSwY92
Batter Bowl $15: https://bit.ly/2ZJNiyj
PS. Include a recipe card to your gift. Drop me a message if you want a printable for this!
- CHARCOAL MASK + BAMBOO FACIAL SET
So this charcoal mask isn’t just any ole mask you can find at Target. This mask is free from harsh and synthetic ingredients. It’s free from parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, animal derived ingredients, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, and synthetic dyes. It’s so hard to find face masks these days that are not only clean, but WORK.
YL’s charcoal mask uses Tahitian volcanic black sand that gently exfoliates. The activated charcoal within this formula is found in both China and South Africa and has properties that absorb impurities to help detox the skin, purify pores, and reduces the appearance of blemishes to help restore an even skin tone. This mask also contains a blend of natural alphahydroxy acids (AHAs) derived from European bilberries, Argentine lemons, Czech sugar beets, Spanish grapes, and more. Talk about a bougee pamper!
• charcoal mask for $39.75
Link: Charcoal Mask
• bamboo bowl set $10.99:
TOTAL COST: $50 +tax
**Add a little description card to this skin care gift so you can let your someone special know how unique and one of a kind this face mask is! You can even include the following instructions on how to use straight from YL: “For oily, combination, and normal skin: Cleanse face with a gentle, non-irritating cleanser; then apply a thin layer of the mask to clean face and allow the mask to harden for 5–20 minutes. Once the mask has changed color and is hard, rinse with warm water to remove. Avoid the eye area, nostrils, and lips. Follow with the rest of your skin care routine, including moisturizer to rehydrate. Use 1–3 times per week. For dry and sensitive skin: Apply a thin layer of the mask to clean face and allow the mask to harden for 5–10 minutes. Once the mask has changed color and is hard, rinse with warm water to remove. Avoid the eye area, nostrils, and lips. Your skin will likely feel dry after rinsing, so promptly follow with the rest of your skin care routine, including moisturizer to rehydrate. Use as needed or as a spot treatment. Due to the exfoliating factor of the AHAs, the natural astringency of Peppermint essential oil, and the detoxing nature of kaolin clays and activated charcoal, you will likely experience a tingling sensation. Some may even experience pink or red skin directly after use. This is temporary, normal, and means the mask is working.”
5. CUSTOM MUG GIFT
Need a teacher gift this year? What about a Secret Santa gift for a co-worker? This cute mug gift set combo is such a simple, yet thoughtful gift idea. The great thing about each YL item included in this set is that it comes in a pack of multiples so you can use the other left over products for more bundles! Mugs are super cheap and you can find so many cute ones to work with. If you want to get creative and give yourself a little more time in advance, get a personalized mug off of Etsy!
Mug from Home Goods for $3.99 OR grab a few in bulk from Amazon
- Link: https://amzn.to/3reqQJd
- Maple Bath Bomb (pk of 3) $34.75 ($11.58 for each bath bomb)
- Link: Maple Bath Bombs
- Chocolate bar (bulk) from Amazon (19.99 for 12)
- Link: https://amzn.to/3HEWhlH
- Vanillamint Lip balm 4.50 each
- Link: Vanilla Mint Lip Balm
- Natural paper stuffing bought at Dollar Tree $1 per bag_______TOTAL COST: Around $23 for each mug gift set put together! Buy 3 mugs so you can make 3 gift sets! 3 really great gifts that are free from toxic chemicals for under $70? Yes please!
I hope these gift ideas inspired you and got your creative juices flowing!
If you want to see more ideas, shoot me a message and I'll make sure you're in our FB group!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner - can you believe it? If you're hosting, going to someone else's house or just chilling with your immediate family at home, I've got 3 tips for you to make this a great Thanksgiving!
- Plan it out the cleaning ahead of time
The one thing that gets my anxiety up is making sure the house is clean and I have all of the menu timed with things taking their appropriate turn in the oven. I mean what's Thanksgiving without having multiple dishes of delightful food to eat! It all take a little planning, and thankfully you've got time! What I do is create a spread in my journal with what needs to be cleaned and what needs to be cooked and who's helping with what task. It's easy to get overwhelmed, but like they say, if you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.
Even if I'm not hosting dinner at my house, I still like to have things cleaned so I'm not stressing about the dog hair or dust I see sitting around. And it's supposed to be a relaxing day to enjoy with family, so I want to make sure I do the work ahead of time to allow for a clean, calm peaceful time. Thankfully, I have a simple cleaner that I can hand to anyone in the family with the cleaning cloth, paper towels or mop and knock out those jobs pretty easily. Non toxic, safe for kids and pets are important to me when it comes to cleaning! Here's my sketch of what it will look like next week for us.
- Plan out the cooking ahead of time
Now for the food, the great eating event..... The turkey, gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole (that only the adults seem to like), home made rolls and pumpkin pie. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. 😋 But I only have one oven and everything needs it's time, so I plan it out with a spread in my journal again. Even down to making sure I take the turkey out of the freezer in time, because let's just say, I've learned the hard way that it takes WAY longer to thaw a frozen turkey than I think it should! 😂 Here's my sketch of how to make the great eating event happen this year... (not quite finished but started anyway)
- Be THANKFUL
It's kinda the whole point, right? I have been using a gratitude log in my journal for some time now, I try to write down a few things everyday that I'm grateful for because when you spend some time reflecting on the good things each day, it makes a huge difference in your overall outlook on life. If you haven't been doing that too, take some time to reflect over the last days, months, year and write down some things you are grateful for... the good moments, the things that sparked joy for you, the beautiful sunrise, someone holding the door open for you, the compliment someone gave you, your ability to help someone at the store get something off a shelf that they couldn't reach, the compliment you gave to someone, the ability you have to support your church or a school fundraiser... just write down anything that comes to mind.
Here's some ideas to share the gratitude with those you are spending time with:
- write down something you're grateful for about each person and put it under their plate
- have a board or piece of card stock that everyone can write down what they are thankful for throughout the day
- have pen/paper available for everyone to write/draw something for each person
- when you say grace before you eat, have everyone share something they are grateful for during the prayer
It's not happiness that brings gratitude. Its gratitude that brings happiness.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.
Once you start seeing things to be grateful for, your brain starts looking for more things to be grateful for!
This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!
I am grateful for being able to find a journal/planner/command central notebook that works for me to corral things like this into one place that I can easily reference at any point in time. I am on a journey to help others find ways to simplify life and corral the things that are important to them into one place too. I will be launching a mini course showing you how to do this too. Join the waitlist for the mini course to get more details about it! Click here to join the waitlist!
I hope your Thanksgiving is full of love, gratitude and joy!