Thieves Household Cleaner (THHC) is a concentrated plant based cleaner that is what I use for an all purpose cleaner in my home. The most common application is a 30:1 ratio of water and cleaning solution. That means a tablespoon of cleaning solution and 2 cups of water in a spray bottle will clean just about any surface in your home. In my Cleaning Tips for Sports Mom Guide, I talk about how it can help you simplify cleaning so much when you have to do it in the mom cracks of time! Click here to get your copy of the guide!
But that's not the only way you can use it! I'm sharing with you 5 unconventional ways, I use THHC at my house to tackle some other jobs around the house!
- I use it as a stain remover in the laundry room! When you have kids that play sports, there is always a grass stain, blood stain or red slushy stain down the front of the shirt that shows up in the laundry room. Like I say the best days have some of the dirtiest laundry at the end! I just pour or spray some undiluted THHC on the stain and either rub the fabric together or use an old toothbrush to start loosing up that stain before putting it in the regular wash. Works like a charm!
- I use it to make toilet bowl fizzies! Anyone else, hate cleaning toilets? Yeah, that's what I thought! These are a pretty handy way to freshen that bowl! Here's how to make them:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon Thieves Household Cleaner
- 40 drops Lushious Lemon or Citrus Fresh essential oil blends
- 3 teaspoons V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex
- Ice cube tray or candy mold
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine water, essential oils or blends, and V-6.
- Pour liquids into a large bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Use mixture to fill ice cube tray or candy mold about three fourths full. If mixture expands and spills over mold, gently replace into the mold.
- Let sit overnight to dry in room temperature area. When dry, pop tablets out and store in a glass jar.
- When needed, put a tablet in the toilet bowl, hard-to-clean bottles, or sink full of dishes to help clean and deodorize. Let tablet sit in bowl, bottle, or sink for 20-30 minutes to fizz and dissolve. Once dissolved, flush or rinse out
- I use to wash my fruits and veggies! You know even if you buy organic fruits and veggies at the store or grow them yourself, you want to wash them off before eating them. This is a quick and easy way to help you get the yuck off of your produce!
- Add 2 capfuls of THHC to 6 cups of water and soak your fruits and veggies for a few minutes, carefully agitating them in the solution a little bit . I move them to the colander and rinse with water and then let them dry on a towel before storing them in the fridge.
- I use it to make disposable wipes for quick clean ups. It's super easy and very handy to have when you travel or want to do a quick wipe down of the bathrooms.
- Mix 3 capfuls of THHC, 10 drops of Lemon or Citrus Fresh essential oils and 2 cups of water together. Cut a roll of paper towels in half (I like the select a size kind) , remove the inner tube. Pour half of the solution in the bottom of your container, put the paper towels in and then pour the rest of the solution on top. With the lid on the container, turn it upside down a couple times to make sure it's totally absorbed and then you are ready to pull a wipe out from the middle and get to wiping!
- I use it to get unwanted wall art off the walls. You know, the markers or crayons that accidently find their way to the walls? This makes for quick clean up for sure! Just grab a paper towel and pour a little bit of the undiluted THHC on it and for an extra punch add a drop of Lemon Essential oil and rub away that artwork lickity split.
There are many other uses for Thieves Household cleaner but these are just a couple of the not so common ways I use it around my house!
If you love these ideas, you'll want to grab a copy of my Cleaning Tips for Sports moms guide too!
Do you have another great use for Thieves Household cleaner? If so, please share with me in the comments!